Private Company Investments
Our Investment Philosophy and Value Proposition
- We are experienced operators.
- We have owned & operated leading Canadian businesses in various industries for over 50 years.
- We invest for the long term.
- With no pre-defined investment horizon, we focus on partnering with exceptional management teams to sustainably grow businesses, both organically and through acquisition.
- We are flexible, nimble, and independent.
- As a family office, we work with our partners to make decisions and act quickly.
- We limit leverage.
- With a focus on investing in businesses with strong free cash flows, we avoid excessive amounts of debt.
- We have built an extensive network.
- Our proven history of investing across North America has resulted in deep relationships with local communities, government, and the wider business community.
- We are professional partners.
- Being backed by KVN, certainty of close is maximized while execution risk is minimized.
Our Investment Focus
- Platform investments in fundamentally sound businesses with solid cash flows operating in industries with excellent prospects for long-term growth and add-on M&A opportunities.
- We are industry-agnostic investors, with a strong preference for food & beverage businesses, including contract beverage manufacturing, contract packaging, and food manufacturing. We will also consider investments in:
- Industrial Products and Materials Manufacturing
- Sports and Media
- Info Tech and Communications
- Household Products and Services
- Business and Financial Services
- Environmental & Development Services
- EBITDA of $10MM+
- Sweet spot between $20MM and $30MM EBITDA
- Will consider prospects up to $200MM EBITDA
- Equity investments of $75MM to $500MM+
- Enterprise value of $100MM to $1Bn+
- Will consider smaller add-on opportunities
- North American headquartered businesses with Canadian operations
- Strong management team
- Strong and stable free cash flow
- Control investments with like-minded partners
- Long-term hold
- Structurally flexible
- Open to LBOs, carve-outs, take-privates, PIPEs, and other structures
- Strong cash-on-cash returns